Legendary Chicago media critic and columnist Andy Martin fights to prevent the destruction of the Chicago Tribune and Tribune Company newspapers across the United States. Andy Martin believes that Sam Zell is in the process of destroying American journalism. Through their ESOP, Tribune employees must join the battle to preserve the future of their media as well as their own retirement savings. "Grave dancer" Zell is digging a grave for America's newspapers.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Andy Offers Frequent Flyer Miles to the Tribune

CONTRARIANCOMMENTARY.COM
New York-London-Washington-Chicago-San Francisco-Palm Beach

Chicago mail:
Suite 4406, 30 E. Huron St.
Chicago, IL 60611-4723
Tel. (866) 706-2639
Fax (866) 707-2639
Web: ContrarianCommentary.com
E-mail: mailto:andy@AndyMartinWorldwide.com

Andy Martin, J. D.
Professor of Law (Adj.)
Executive Editor

July 9, 2008

Mr. Sam Zell
Chicago Tribune
435 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611

Re: Frequent flyer miles gift for Tribune reporters

Dear Sam:

I have been reading the tragic stories of how you are stripping away the assets of the Tribune Company due to unforeseen financial problems. I bet you wish my bid for the company had won the board’s vote instead of yours. Actually, I’m glad you won the bidding war for the Tribune instead of me, except that I would have done a better job of reviving the company.

And your lawsuit against San Diego County. What tsuris.

Take it easy. Slow down. There’s more to life than money.

As one media baron to another I want to extend a helping hand in your hour of need. To help you along I am pleased to donate to Tribune company reporters traveling on company business 50,000 frequent flyer miles, so they can cover the news without taking cash out of your pocket. Just have your staff let me know and I will make the bookings for you.

Pease call if I can be of further assistance.

Best wishes,

ANDY

AM:sp

No comments: